Friday, December 11, 2009

Weekly Watercolor Website Launched


My new website, Weekly Watercolor by Jim Oberst at www.weeklywatercolor.com, is now active. It consists of three main pages: the Gallery, which is also the home page, showing all project paintings to date; the Order page, with ordering instructions, and the About page, with information about me and this project. Please visit my new site often. You can sign up for weekly or monthly email updates about my new paintings by clicking links on the Gallery page. It's not quite 2010, but I've decided to jump-start this project now with my first painting, rather than waiting for January 1.

The first painting posted, Early Snow, accompanies this post. It is based on a previous larger painting which was inspired by the many beautiful lake scenes in Arkansas. The snow-covered mountains are my own invention, and are not characteristic of Arkansas, which has gently rolling hills. I'm particularly drawn to the reflections in the water, the color in the trees, and the painting's fresh and spontaneous feel.

If you subscribe to this blog you will be notified of each new painting as it is posted on the Weekly Watercolor website. I'll anxiously await comments on each painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment